Date: Wednesday, November 8,
2000, during long lunch -No late projects accepted
Location: Room 264
The object of the Rube Goldberg Contest is to build the most
INEFFICIENT device to perform a specified function.
This year's function is to feed
the goblin. The machine is to "give" candy to a goblin. The goblin is
to be created by the contestants. The goblin may be any size or
- Contestants are allowed to work in teams of up to 3 people.
The more people you have in your team the lower the extra
- The machine does not have to automatically reset itself.
- The machine should complete its task within 4 minutes.
- Points awarded are based upon:
- Number of steps
- Turning in a list of the machine's steps
- Creativity of steps
- Number of times you give the machine help -this deducts
- Machine's Design Creativity
- Following the rules
- Setting up and removing the machine according to the
- NO explosives, fire, CO2 cartridges, smoke, knives, razor
blades, dangerous flying objects, or dangerous/toxic chemicals are
allowed. When in doubt, ask before building.
- If you are going to use a device that pugs into a wall you
may not open it up to show access to any of its internal
- You will need to bring an extension cord or cords. (It
would be a shame if the machine did not work because you didn't
have an extension cord.)
- The contest is run during long lunch.
- Points are awarded if the device is set up before lunch and
cleaned up before 3:30 on the day of the contest.
- The machine's base's footprint must be less than 3 ft2. It
must be no taller than 6 feet when set up.
Click here for e-mail
by Tony Wayne
Last updated 11/01/00
by Tony Wayne ...(If you are a teacher, please feel free to use these resources in your teaching.)
The owner of this website does not collect cookies when the site is visited. However, this site uses and or embeds Adobe, Apple, GoDaddy, Google, and YouTube products. These companies collect cookies when their producs are used on my pages. Click here to go to them to find out more about how they use their cookies. If you do not agree with any of their policies then leave this site now.